Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ode to ER

I had some moments of deja vu tonight as I watched the finale of the tv show ER. My brothers like to tease me that everything medical that I know I owe to that show! I was quite the follower of the show for a very long time and now I catch it every once in a while, mostly as re-runs. Anyways, as I was watching tonight I found myself sucked in to the story and remembering all of the characters and old episodes that had made me cry or laugh and act like the characters are real people. How does that happen with a show? We talk about it like they are more than a story, but could be in our lives. So, yes it made me homesick and missing my teasing brothers but I wouldn't trade where I am now for the world...I also realized that I have my own Doctor Carter...Doctor Steimle! He is my one and only love and I get to feel the thrill of the medical field every day and not just on re-runs.



I just had to include this picture...we got an adorable picture of our niece Alyssa using onion rings as glasses and so this is Matt's version.

3 comments:

Stevenson's said...

Ah we miss you too. I thought about you as I saw so many headlines about ER retiring. I asked Ben if he thought you were going to be alright without it. All good things must come to an end I suppose. I love the Missy impression too!! sweet!

Tami said...

I hope that Matt was able to catch that last show too since he'll be working ER for the next few years...he might find some pointers he can use for later...ha, ha. And I honestly can't believe you could really miss the relentless teasing of your brothers - WOW

Jeanette said...

Hey girl! Cute Blogs! You can check us out at http://ourworkfamilyfun.blogspot.com/
love ya!