This week Matt and I got to go to the baseball game. (No, it wasn't the famous game...that was the next night.) The seats were just 23 rows up from the Tiger's dugout, which is in between 3rd base and home. It was so much fun to be that close and much easier to stay focused on the game. They lost, but we had fun just being there and it was a beautiful night! Because our seats were in the lower level the camera caught us and we got to be on the jumbo-tron...a first time experience. Sadly, I didn't check the batteries on the camera before we left and when we pulled it out they were dead, so no pictures!
Also, we noticed that outside of the stadium is quite a carnival. There are people singing, playing the trumpet, playing the drums, making up raps, handing out flags, or just begging for change. There is one famous guy that stands with a huge hand that holds a cup that he shakes and chants, "Eat em up Tigers, eat em up!" Apparently he goes to all of the Detroit sports games and just changes up his chant...Red Wings, Pistons, Lions...I heard on the radio that he even has a facebook page that someone made for him.
1 comment:
Randy & I are going to our first baseball game on the 22nd. Although it won't be as eventful, we hope to have good weather and a good time like you guys. Fun!
Post a Comment